- C4C: The Workshop
- Text & conText Lab
- C4C: The Understory
- C4C: The Pittsburgh Lens
- I'm Fine @ Pitt
- In the News
The Center for Creativity seeks to foster connections between and among members of the University community whose scholarly efforts and passions are rooted in “making stuff”: stories, pictures, music, scenes, statements, apps, messes, etc.
More particularly, the Center for Creativity
- provides opportunities for creators to connect outside of their disciplines;
- encourages partnerships to establish new creative opportunities for the Pitt community;
- supports development of project-based courses taught across disciplines;
- works toward a coherent view of Pitt's diverse makerspaces and their resources; and
- commits to recognition for the University of Pittsburgh as a creative powerhouse.
The Center's spaces are intentionally and purposefully open to students, staff, and faculty in all programs of the University.
Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor Patricia E. Beeson designated the academic year 2015–2016 as the Year of the Humanities at the University of Pittsburgh. The Center for Creativity was established as a Provost’s Office reporting unit as an outcome of the Year of the Humanities.
Meet our C4C staff, the people who make our spaces and programs possible.
Join Our Team
Learn about opportunities to join the C4C team.
Do you have a surplus of creative making supplies? We're happy to help.
Would your student organization, department, or office like to reserve time in one of our spaces?
Bring Your Class
Bring your class to one of our spaces for hands-on learning opportunities!