The Center for Creativity seeks to foster connections between and among members of the University community whose scholarly efforts and passions are rooted in “making stuff”: stories, pictures, music, scenes, statements, apps, messes, etc.
More particularly, the Center for Creativity
- provides opportunities for creators to connect outside of their disciplines
- encourages partnerships to establish new creative opportunities for the Pitt community
- supports development of project-based courses taught across disciplines
- works toward a coherent view of Pitt's diverse makerspaces and their resources
- commits to recognition for the University of Pittsburgh as a creative powerhouse
The Center's spaces are intentionally and purposefully open to students, staff, and faculty in all programs of the University.
Year of the Humanities
Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor Patricia E. Beeson designated the academic year 2015–2016 as the Year of the Humanities in the University. The Center for Creativity was established as a Provost’s Office reporting unit as an outcome of Year of the Humanities.