What's Available at The Workshop?
In addition to our wide range of creative materials and supplies (paint, paper, yarn, wood and tile pieces, fabric, etc.), we also provide free access to all kinds of equipment to help you realize your creative ambitions!
* Electric keyboard
* Electric guitar
* Electric ukulele
* Electronic drum set
* 3D pens
* Arduino kits
* iPads and Apple Pencils
* three iMacs with full Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, etc.)
* Lulzbot 3D printer (note: we provide printer and filament free of charge, but we ask that your print be an original creation in an .stl or .obj file format)
* Clay wheel
* Sewing machine
* Manual and electric typewriters
* Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7K Digital Camera (with optional tripod)
* TASCAM DR-05 Linear PCM Recorder
* GoPro Hero Session
Other Makerspaces on Campus
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to research, academic excellence, and strong communities.
Its makerspaces engage students in hands-on learning, encourage interdisciplinary collaboration and exploration of ideas and practices, and build community through a holistic approach to the University experience.
Makers.pitt.edu collects and communicates information about the diverse range of creative, collaborative, makerspaces available across Pitt's campuses. If you can't find what you need at the Workshop, check out one of Pitt's other creative resources!