The Workshop is a dynamic space for classes, staff or organization meetings, and other events. We can reserve space for groups during regular operating hours, and select evenings.
There is no fee to reserve space in The Workshop at any time.
Please note that The Workshop is a lively, collaborative space during open hours: be aware that there may be other users in Workshop spaces while your group is here, background music from the University Store, etc.
During open hours
- The core of The Workshop is open creative studio space. To maintain access for as many members of the Pitt community as possible, we do not generally reserve space for groups after noon on weekdays. (However, see below: we may be able to accommodate classes at these times.)
- We are happy to reserve tables/space for groups of up to 20 people from 9 am to noon on weekdays, and anytime on weekends.
- Requests must be made at least a week in advance.
- Requests outside of these hours may be accommodated based on Workshop schedule and staffing. If your group or class does not require any special set-up and can spread out and work in different spaces, we are more likely to be able to accommodate your request.
- We have a number of moveable partitions that may be used to create a semi-private area within The Workshop. If your meeting or class requires these, please let us know when making your reservation.
- We also have up to 20 iPads and iPencils available for classes or groups who need them. Again, please let us know when you’re making your reservation if you need these.
- The Workshop is available to book between 6-9 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for groups affiliated with Pitt, and comprised of Pitt students, faculty, or staff.
- Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- One person from your group must be designated as the primary contact and will be responsible for communicating with Workshop staff, organizing logistics on your group’s end, arriving early to The Workshop to set up, and organizing cleanup at the end of the group’s Workshop time.
- Entry and exit is through Schenley Quad doors only. If your group is not arriving together, one group member must be stationed at the Quad doors to monitor the door and direct others to Workshop space.
- Groups are responsible for tidying up after programs. Please stop activities no less than 15 minutes before the end of your reservation to allow sufficient clean-up time (20 minutes if food is involved).
Resources provided for all groups:
- Whiteboard and chalkboard tables and walls, markers, and chalk
- Musical instruments
- Watercolor and acrylic paints and brushes (various sizes)
- Watercolor and standard colored pencils, markers, and crayons
- Newsprint, drawing, typing, watercolor, and mixed media paper
- Modeling clay (non-drying)
- Materials from our Recreate wall: these vary as we get new supplies in, but generally include paper materials for collage, jewelry-making supplies, Legos, knitting and crocheting supplies and yarn, cork, and bottle caps
- Sewing machine, thread, and fabric samples
- 3D pens and filament
Additional resources available (use must be specified in advance)
- 80” touchscreen for presentations
- Up to 20 iPads (equipped with Paper) and iPencils
- 3 iMacs, equipped with Adobe Creative Cloud
- 3D printer
Food and drink policy
- Food and drink are permitted. Standard University policies regarding alcohol and catering apply.
RESERVE SPACE NOW through our online form!