This engaging and inspiring half-hour program explores how today's research builds on pioneering work of the Pitt Virus lab which developed the Salk polio vaccine and how changes in technology have led to a new "vaccine renaissance."
It also reveals how challenges still remain about how to get a vaccine candidate from lab to the public, touches on questions of vaccine hesitancy and equity, and why a combination of science, creativity, and teamwork is necessary for us to defeat this and further pathogens that may come along.
CHASING COVID Panel Discussion
CHASING COVID Trailer
- Lessons from how the polio vaccine went from the lab to the public that Americans can learn from today (September 16, 2020)
- Pivot to remote learning creates a chance to reinvent K-12 education (August 12, 2020)
- The deadly polio epidemic and why it matters for coronavirus (March 25, 2020)
- Measles: Why it’s so deadly, and why vaccination is so vital (February 1, 2019)
- Trailer: The Shot Felt 'Round the World
- CBS Sunday Morning: How the fight against polio was won
- 60 Minutes: The coronavirus variants experts are most concerned about
- Smithsonian Channel: A Shot to Save the World
- TED2015 | Bill Gates: The next outbreak? We're not ready
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Vaccines Save Lives